Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Going Natural Was Not Planned

Hello Brown Beautiful & Curvy

I have been natural for 1 year and 2 months. GO ME!!! LOL! Going natural was not planned at all. So here is the story. It was my wash day with my hairdresser and I did not know what I want to do with my hair. All day I was looking at this picture of Solange Knowles and it was the picture of her with all of her hair shaved off. I was like I can handle a hair cut like that. I said to myself if I don't like it I can always wear a wig until my hair grows back a little then just get braids. So all day I was going back and forth with this picture. So it was time for me to get my hair done. I just had her to wash then after my hair was dry I just told her i wanted to cut it.  Then I show her the picture of Solange Knowles. I wanted short like this. She ask me if I was sure and told her yes. So that started my journey of going natural. That was March 2, 2010.

My thoughts after going natural was what is my kids and my boyfriend going to say. Because I did not tell them what I was going to do. I came in the door and said Do you like my hair? I got the OMG face. Then I got I like Mommy from my kids and I love it Rene from my boyfriend. So I was happy about that. I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR.

If you are natural What is your story about going natural? What reaction did you get from your family and friends?



The day after my Big Chop



4 months



 


IMAG0041 by BrownBeautiful
1 year & 2 months


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Rene!!!!! SO beautiful hun!

Ms. Rene said...

Thanks!!!